Sunday, 9 August 2009

Andalucía High Court of Justice has ordered the demolition of 80 homes and a 4-star hotel in the Guadalmina area of Marbella

Ruling from the Andalucía High Court of Justice has ordered the demolition of 80 homes and a 4-star hotel in the Guadalmina area of Marbella, which contravene current planning regulations in force in the town – the local urban plan of 1986. The hotel is named as part of the Barceló chain.News of the sentence was published by El Mundo newspaper this week, a ruling which was given this June when, the paper said, the magistrates who took the decision were aware that the town’s new urban was shortly to be approved. In fact, Marbella’s new PGOU general urban plan was approved by the Town Hall last week and it makes these two buildings due for demolition legal.
Speaking to the EFE news agency, the Junta de Andalucía’s territorial planning and housing councillor, Juan Espadas, said the aim is to push through regional government approval of the plan as soon as possible, hoping to pass it in half the time set down by law. Legally, the Junta has a time limit of five months to give its definitive approval.Felix Romero, spokesman for the Partido Popular local government in Marbella, told Europa Press on Wednesday that the Town Hall will ask the court to postpone carrying out the sentence, saying there is ‘no common sense or logic’ in demolishing the buildings.

0 comments:

BREAKING NEWS

Pageviews from the past week

EUROZONE WEEKLY NEWS JOURNAL

Labels

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Headlines

FeedBurner FeedCount

BACKPACKER WARNINGS

Popular Posts