Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Manchester airport reopens after bomb scare

 

Manchester Airport’s main terminal has reopened after bomb disposal experts were called in to check a suspicious package on Wednesday, police said. A man was being questioned, although police said earlier reports that he was being held under the Terrorism Act were inaccurate. The package, a bag, was found to be safe. The airport’s operators had earlier said 11 flights leaving Terminal 1 would be affected. Incoming flights are operating normally and the airport’s two other terminals remained open. Manchester Airport is Britain’s fourth biggest and handles around 20 million passengers each year.

0 comments:

BREAKING NEWS

Pageviews from the past week

EUROZONE WEEKLY NEWS JOURNAL

Labels

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Headlines

FeedBurner FeedCount

BACKPACKER WARNINGS

Popular Posts