Sunday 19 April 2009

Amy Fitzpatrick grandmother spoke of her anguish at reports that a body found in Spain might be her beloved grandaughter

Amy Fitzpatrick grandmother of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick spoke of her anguish at reports that a body found in Spain might be her beloved grandaughter.Maura Donohoe (80) she suffered a "serious fright" when she saw a TV3 report about an unidentified body found near the town where the 15-year-old girl was last seen before she disappeared on January 1 last year."I got such a fright. I thought it could be Amy," said Maura, speaking at her home in Coolock in Dublin."But then I got a call from [Amy's mother] Audrey who told me the Spanish police told her it was a man's body." An intensive search of the region in the Costa del Sol at the beginning of 2008 failed to find any trace of the vanished Irish girl. Amy lived in Spain her mother, brother Dean, and Audrey's partner Dave Mahon.Maura added: "Audrey rang me immediately after the reports went out about the body. My stomach was going up and down. I got an awful fright and I couldn't settle down after it."I know if the Spanish police had found Amy's body they would have contacted the gardai who would have contacted us. But it was such a fright. Audrey spoke to Dean too to let him know it wasn't Amy's body. We will never give up hope for Amy. I've been getting loads of Masses said for her," she said."The Spanish newspapers reported it was the body of a man three days ago.Meanwhile, forensic experts continue to examine the body which was badly burned.A local person made the gruesome find on Sunday lunchtime as he was out walking near the Costa del Sol resort of Mijas.

0 comments:

BREAKING NEWS

Pageviews from the past week

EUROZONE WEEKLY NEWS JOURNAL

Labels

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Headlines

EUROWEEKLY

FeedBurner FeedCount

Subscribe via email

BACKPACKER WARNINGS

Popular Posts